Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Mouse

by Sa'eeda Mu'azu

Every day, different hands click me
No one seems to care if I am clean or not
I might have some virus from someone’s flu
But everyone is so absorbed into their work to think of that
I am meant to be kept on a mat however; some people hate to use me on it
And so I am sometimes kept on the bare white surface
I am not being thrown because humans that use me can’t
But I know if I could be, someone would someday throw me down, out of frustration
That’s why I am glad to be part of the lucky ones in my species, which work with a wire rather than wireless
Who am I?
I am the mouse that everyone uses to get around the computer because they are all lazy to learn the shortcuts that comes with the computer.
Nevertheless I always wonder why I was given the name mouse; I hope to soon hear someone say that in my presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment