Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Obsession


by Shafia K. Al-Mohannadi

Books are what I eat in breakfast, lunch and dinner. I especially enjoy a good night snack right when everyone is asleep.

Words fill me up, like when balloons come alive when you fill them up with air. Words are my limbs, my joints. Letters are in my veins in my body, they help me breath, think, speak and walk in a certain way. They are what I breathe in and out.

Obsession is when something takes complete control over your every thought. Wrapped around every cell in your body, and if, even for a fraction of a second, forget, it burns and twists and turns round your brain till it gets your full attention.

My obsession is books. Books with stories that leave me either gasping in fear, haunting me like my own shadow does, or laughing until every rib bone breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment