Tuesday, October 31, 2017

I am an electronic gate guarding the library

You won't get past me
You little book thief
You want a book? Without a fee?
I know your mischief
It gives me grief

I'll shout and scream
I'll lock the door
Don't even dream
Of reading more

I guard all books
And won't let them go
You can't read them
They are here just for show.


I am a clock hanging on the wall in the library

Hang me up
Side down
In
Side out
Back to front
Let my re-cycling
Undo itself
And the forward arrow
Go in the opposite direction
Let my uphill trek
Down-turn itself
And let my struggle against time
End in my triumph


I am a CCTV camera

I see you right
And I see you left
I also see you come
And observe your side
And notice your turn
Why do you never
Look me in the eye?



No comments:

Post a Comment