Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Toy

by Ahmad Alony

Dear Ahmad,
I miss you. I knew you bought me after you saw Robin Williams create me in that movie that you and I love. I miss you. I long for the day where you opened my green container and gave me the widest smile I had ever seen as you held me. I miss you. When you would place me on the top shelf in your room so that I was untouched by any intruders. I miss you. Remember when mom told you to change your clothes as soon as you came back from school, yet you ignored her and rushed to play with me? I miss you. When you fitted my flexible body into all types of receptacles, amazed with my physical capabilities? I miss you. But then Lego Technic came out, and every day you would inspect my green body, and split me into chunks. I hate you. You shoved my gelatinous body between your old toys as you played with your Lego. I detest you. You left me in a dark place, with the rubric’s cube squashing my body. Who are you?. What about the time when you picked me up and used my body as a dust cleaner for your laptop? I miss you. Now I’m in your trash bin, waiting to see you pick me up and play with me again. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment