Thursday, April 19, 2012

Where is my Home?

by Bob Marcacci
Is Doha, where I live now, my home? My apartment in education city housing lot two?
Is my home in California, in the United States, where I was born and lived thirty years of my life before moving abroad and meeting my wife?
Is it in Japan where I met Angela and we lived together and rode bicycles and went to picnic in the falling cherry blossoms near Osaka castle?
Is it Beijing where we planned our marriage and more?
Is it in my memory?

Is it at my grandmother’s house in Vacaville, my hometown? My grandmother moved there after an earthquake destroyed her home in Napa.
Is it there where we returned for a job and Vito lived the first few years of his life?
Is it my parent’s old house at 563 Ridgewood Court? They sold the house many years ago and moved to Nevada. Is their new house in Nevada my new home?
What makes it a home? The same old things are in the new house. There are some new things, too.

Is it 1495 21st Avenue in San Francisco my home where I lived with my brother and others?
Is my home in Italy with Angela’s extended family?
Is my home with me, where Angela and Vito and me bring it?

No comments:

Post a Comment